1. Dance in elevators with wild abandon. It feels SO freaking GOOD to move our body! And if you are someone who is generally self-conscious there is no better public place to get your groove on than an elevator. Imagine it’s your private dance club party and you’re just in there to shake what your mama gave you.
2. Pace. This seems really minor, but just don’t stand still. Ever. If you’re standing, you can be moving. It’s not much, but it can add up. I pace when I brush my teeth, when I dry the dishes, when I’m between customers/tasks at work, when I’m telling a story, etc. As stated earlier, it’s not much, but it can add up.
3. Practice your push-ups during TV commercial breaks. This may even deter you from watching so much TV in the first place.
4. Sell your car. OK, so that might not be practical for a single mom with 3 kids…but, here’s the mindset shift…WHAT IF you sold your car? How would you get around? Brainstorm all the ways your life would change without a car and then (here it is) DO some of the things you came up with. Ride your bike. Walk. Take a bus. Carpool. Use a backpack.
5. Reinvent Pizza. What is Pizza? It is a high calorie food everyone loves that essentially has 4 components: crust, sauce, toppings, cheese.
So what about that cursed crust? I’ve tried cauliflower crust, tortilla crust, even cheese crust, but it just wasn’t the same…until…I discovered Chicken Breast Pizza Crust! YES! For this crust you just take 1 chicken breast (about 4oz.) and blend it with 1 egg, some salt, pepper, oregano and garlic. Then you spread it out on a baking sheet, and bake it at 400 degrees for 20 min. Add whatever toppings you like, and bake for additional 10 minutes. Boom.